Tahoe Forest Cancer Center
Committed to providing the highest quality cancer care
The Tahoe Forest Cancer Center is committed to providing the highest quality of care to our patients. We strive to offer the most appropriate and current diagnostic and therapeutic modalities in an honest, supportive, respectful and compassionate manner.
Led by Medical Director Laurence Heifetz, MD, our multidisciplinary team includes nurses, pharmacists, laboratory technologists, nutritionists, social workers, and support personnel all committed to providing the highest level of care and support.
The Tahoe Forest Cancer Center is committed to:
- Providing our patients with comprehensive cancer care including conventional, innovative, and investigational modalities.
- Fostering sensitivity to cultural and spiritual diversity, interpersonal relationships and patient autonomy.
- Establishing appropriate and realistic treatment goals for our patients.
- Promoting an environment where mutual respect and open communication amongst patients, staff and physicians are valued.
- Providing educational opportunities for our patients, staff and community.
- Enabling our patients to receive leading-edge therapy coordinated with appropriate regional and national diagnosis-specific centers of excellence.
The Cancer Center at Tahoe Forest Hospital offers the following services for the early detection, diagnosis, and treatment of cancer:
- Medical evaluation, examination, diagnosis, and treatment
- Chemotherapy Infusion
- Biologic Agent Therapy
- Blood Product Administration
- Diagnostic Imaging
- Surgical Services
- Social Services
- Nutritional Counseling
- Rehabilitation Therapies
- Coordination with hospital when inpatient care is required
- Collaboration with home care and hospice programs Additionally, we provide coordination and support across the continuum of care for our patients.
Quality Care ... Close to Home
Tahoe Forest Cancer Center is located in the medical office building across the street from Tahoe Forest Hospital. Our individualized care planning addresses the unique needs of each patient. Our center enables patients to focus on living, continuing their daily routine and maintaining their work schedule with minimal disruption.
Cancer For The Whole Patient
Tahoe Forest Cancer Center was recently featured in publications by two highly regarded national organizations. Both the Institute of Medicine and the American Society of Clinical Oncology cited Tahoe Forest Cancer Center for its successful “whole person” approach to cancer care, and as a good example of proficient use of local and community resources (such as Tahoe Forest Hospital and its services) to help meet the needs of its patients.
For more information on treating cancer for the whole patient, see the following:
A Model for Rural Oncology, Laurence J Heifetz, MD
Cancer for the Whole Patient, Patricia Ganz, MD
Journal of Oncology Practice, Patricia Ganz, MD
Support and Healing
Adjusting to life with a cancer diagnosis can be a life changing experience, and we are committed to assisting families through this difficult time. Trained counselors help our patients and their families cope through one-on-one counseling, support groups and other special services throughout the course of treatment and beyond.
The Tahoe Forest Cancer Center offers bi-weekly support group meetings for cancer patients, their families and friends. For more information, please call (530) 582-6450.
Tahoe Forest Cancer Center is affiliated with the American Cancer Society's "Look Good Feel Better" program, for times and locations please call (530) 582-6450.
Paying for Your Care
The Tahoe Forest Cancer Center accepts all major insurance plans. Individualized financial counseling is available to help patients and families understand their financial responsibilities.
How to Reach Us
Our phone number is (530) 582-6450. The Tahoe Forest Cancer Center is available 24 hours a day / 365 days a year, after hours and weekends. Website - www.tahoecancercenter.com
Charitable Gifts and Contributions
Making a charitable gift to the cancer center for the benefit of others is a wonderful way to affirm your values and priorities. Support in the form of tax-deductible gifts, private memorials, grants and local fundraising events are necessary to meet the financial challenges of the cancer center. The Tahoe Forest Hospital Foundation is a charitable organization under section 501(C)3 of the IRS code. Donations can be made to Tahoe Forest Hospital Foundation - Cancer Center.
please call (530) 582-6450
10956 Donner Pass Road, Suite 330
Truckee, CA 96161