Community Walking Challenge - Free Kickoff April 30
10,000 Steps a Day for the Month of May
What is the Community Walking Challenge?
- A FREE month long fitness challenge of 10,000 steps everyday in May!
- Challenge yourself, your friends, family, neighbors and coworkers to be more active.
- Inspire someone you know to get more exercise by inviting them to join your team.
- Receive weekly health and fitness tips.
- Weekly raffle for those who turn in their step totals.
- Grand prize for the “MVP” (team and individual logging the most steps) and “Most Improved” (team and individual showing the largest increase in weekly step totals).
Who can participate?
- Everyone! Parents, kids, seniors, teenagers… the whole family!
- All Truckee / North Lake Tahoe residents are welcome to join.
When: The entire month of May!
FREE Kick Off Presentation: April 30th at 1:00-2:00 p.m. and 6:00-7:00 p.m.,
at the Truckee Donner Community Rec Center, 8924 Donner Pass Rd, Truckee.
- Set the stride on your pedometer and take a test lap on the walking track.
- Get tips on your walking technique.
- Learn a few simple stretches to help you before and after you walk.
- Pedometers will be available for purchase for $10 cash or check only.
Register: Call 587-3769 or stop by the Tahoe Center for Health and Sports Performance
- Registration is FREE.
- Pedometers can be purchased at the Center for $10.
- Sign up in either the individual or team challenge (up to 4 participants per team).
- Program details and walking logs will be provided upon registration.
*If you would like to promote the 10,000 Steps a Day for the Month of May walking challenge within your organization, email email@example.com
or call 530-587-3769 to get information.
Get active, get moving, and get walking!
Tahoe Center for Health and Sports Performance
10710 Donner Pass Road • Truckee, CA 96161 • 530.587.3769
Proud to be a smoke free environment